In the framework of the annual Europe Day celebrations, the European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM) is pleased to announce ‘My Europe’ drawing competition for children from the Republic Moldova, Odessa and Odessa region, Ukraine, aged between 8 and 16 years.
TITLE: ‘MY EUROPE’
All artworks should be developed with the following themes in mind:
• European fairy tale
• The future of Europe
• European values
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE DRAWING COMPETITION:
1. On the occasion of Europe Day – 9 May – EUBAM announces a drawing competition on the abovementioned theme.
2. This competition is open for all children between 8 and 16 years old divided into three age categories: 8-10, 11-13, 14-16 years.
3. Participants should be attending school in the Republic of Moldova or Odessa or Odessa region, Ukraine.
4. Drawings should be focused on one of the themes of the competition, using any artistic technique (watercolours, oil painting, drawing, graphics etc.) NB! Computer graphics or 3D works won’t be accepted.
5. Size of works should be minimum 21 cm х 29.7 cm, maximum 29.7 cm х 42 cm. The drawings are submitted without frames.
6. On the back of each drawing the following information should be written: a caption which would explain the drawing (up to 3 lines) as well as first and last name of the artist, age of the artist, his/her tel. number and e-mail address as well as school’s address and tel. number. Additionally, all participants of the competition should fill in the application form that can be uploaded here.
7. Drawings should be submitted by March 22, 2013, to the following address (Monday to Friday from 9:00 – 17:00):
• For participants from Ukraine: EUBAM HQ, ul. Uytnaya 13, Odessa, 65012;
• For participants from Moldova: EUBAM Field Office Chisinau, 19, Petricani Str., MD 2012.
8. A jury will select the 6 winners in each country. No appeal on the organisation or on the results of the competition will be accepted. The jury’s decision will be final.
9. Prizes will be awarded to the 6 winners in each country. All participants of the contest will receive diplomas of participation.
10. Exhibitions: a selection of 70 artworks from each country will be showcased at an exhibition held at the:
• Greek Foundation for Culture in Odessa – in Ukraine;
• ‘Artico’ Republican Centre for Children and Youth – in Moldova.
11. EUBAM has the right to use the artworks and copies of artworks, submitted in the framework of ‘My Europe’ drawing competition, for non-commercial purposes (publication in booklets, catalogues, calendars, websites, etc.) or any other purposes without notifying or compensating the author.
12. EUBAM will retain the copyright of the pictures.
13. EUBAM will keep all the submitted drawings. Drawings will not be returned to the participants.
14. EUBAM can not be held responsible for force majeure, should the competition be modified or cancelled.
15. Submission of an entry assumes the acceptance of all terms and con
Announcement of the competition: 22 January 2013
Deadline for submission of drawings: 22 March 2013
Meeting of the jury panel: 25 March 2013
Informing the participants via e-mail about jury’s decision: by 26 April 2013
Opening of the exhibition and awarding the winners: 9 May 2013
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
In Ukraine: Ms Dariia Pokhliebaieva,
tel.: +380 482 36 52 74, e-mail: email@example.com.
In Moldova: Ms Cristina Turcan,
tel.: +373 68 37 59 75, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.