Application deadline12.06.2016 Active Closed
Type of contractService Contract
Language requiredFluency in both oral and written English, Russian and Romanian languages is a must
Expected duration of assignment1 July 2016 – 30 November 2016
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Organizational unit: EUBAM Office in Moldova
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of EUBAM Office in Moldova the incumbent assists in smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission in the Republic of Moldova. The Administrative Assistant/Interpreter works in close collaboration with Finance, Human Resources and Procurement Specialists of the EUBAM Administration Unit Chisinau for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Assures smooth operational running of the project by means of following IOM and EC established operational rules and procedures;
- Participate in project activities preparation, implementation and follow up;
- Provide logistical support (travel arrangements, including visas, tickets, etc.) to the EUBAM experts;
- Facilitate the process of procurement and delivery of goods and services;
- Facilitate project audit, monitoring, evaluation, field visits, missions of the experts;
- Maintain updated networks of project partners, contractors, consultants and suppliers;
- Prepare project related correspondence;
- Maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc.
- Facilitate project related training/learning activities;
- Participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of projects related files;
- Assure that the progress reporting is done in timely and quality manner based on internal documents approved by the Mission management;
- Facilitate project outreach/communication efforts;
- Assure to upload updated information on EUBAM intranet;
- Provide oral and written translations from English into Romanian or Russian and vice versa as required by the project;
- Proofread and/or edit the project’s correspondence and other official documents;
- Perform other functions/tasks when required by Head of EUBAM Office in Moldova.
- University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration or other related field;
- Five years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is a very strong advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems;
- Fluency in both oral and written English, Russian and Romanian languages is a must.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation
Method of application:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form and cover letter in English to: email@example.com. Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message. Closing date for applications is 12 June 2016 however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
Who we are?
The European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM) was launched in 2005. The legal basis for EUBAM is the Memorandum of Understanding signed by the European Commission and the Governments of Moldova and Ukraine on 7 October 2005.
The current Mission’s mandate is valid until 30 November 2023.
EUBAM promotes border control, customs and trade norms and practices that meet European Union standards, and serve the needs of its two partner countries.