Application deadline29.06.2018 Active Closed
Type of contractOYFT
I. Position Information
|General Service Staff, Grade G5
|Reports directly to||National Procurement and Logistics Officer|
|Posting channel||Open to First and Second-Tier Candidates|
II. Organizational Context and Scope
Under overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Chief of Administration (CoA); direct supervision of the National Procurement and Logistics Officer the Asset Control/ Logistics Assistant will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support in matters of assets management, logistics, procurement and general administrative services for the European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM).
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Perform inventory control and assets management, maintain the records and files on assets management, coding and tagging, reporting about the results to the National Procurement and Logistics Officer and the Global Procurement and Supply Unit and execute full inventory process and assets management in EUBAM.
- Administer SAP Material Management module, including the constant tracking of the most recent changes in the procedures. Receive, inspect, verify and tag all incoming equipment, furniture and supplies and schedule deliveries to end users.
- Manage the storage facilities, monitor, distribute and replenish stock whenever needed, ensure accuracy of records regarding assets disposal; ensure assets are located accordingly and used in IOM’s best interest. Carry out the assets inventory records update and management for EUBAM Units, Offices, working locations and storages located across Ukraine and Moldova. Conduct periodic physical inventory to ensure accuracy of records and location of property.
- Provide administrative and logistical support in shipment/customs, brokerage related, staff relocation issues, and EUBAM/IOM activities including organization of conferences, training events, workshops, retreats.
- Provide full logistical support for delivery, construction activities in the field including transport to and from EUBAM Field Offices
- Assist the National Procurement and Logistics Officer in organizing procurement and logistics processes including preparation and conduct of request of quotations/proposals, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation and conclusion of contracts, ensuring the cost saving and reduction strategy in full compliance with the IOM’s regulations and procedures.
- Assist the National Procurement and Logistics Officer to conduct market research, study potential suppliers and analyse international / regional information on the availability and pricing of goods and services. Ensure proper maintenance of procurement records, regular update of contract, procurement and administrative hard copies and electronic data bases. In coordination with the National Procurement and Logistics Officer facilitate project audit, monitoring, evaluation, field visits and assignments of EUBAM experts from the procurement standpoint.
- Assist the National Procurement and Logistics Officer in the control and monitoring of the procurement activities of EUBAM, optimization of the procurement process and documentation control, and monitoring of budget implementation related to the procurement of goods, services and works.
- Ensure the full compliance of asset control and logistics activities with the IOM’s rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent with six years of professional work experience in the sphere of procurement and logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited academic institution (preferably in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement, Finance) with four years of professional work experience.
- Excellent level of computer literacy and advance knowledge of web based management systems;
- Previous work experience with IOM or UN common system is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of SAP/PRISM is an advantage.
|Required (specify the required knowledge)||Advantageous|
|Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian|
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Keeps clients informed of developments and setbacks
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones
- Persuades others to consider new ideas
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Actively identifies opportunities for and promotes organizational change
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Articulates vision to motivate colleagues and follows through with commitments
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Identifies ways for their staff to develop their abilities and careers
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals
- Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
- Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines
- Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team’s work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Internals of the Organization will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation and certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, residency requirements, and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form
(please download from iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_0.xls ) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 June 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.