Application deadline31.07.2015 Active Closed
TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Duty Station:||EUBAM HQ, Odesa, Ukraine|
|Organizational Unit:||Border Management Modernisation Office (BMMO)|
|Contractual Period:||up to 90 calendar days|
|Direct Supervisor:||Team Leader, Border Management Development Advisor|
|MSA (Monthly Subsistence Allowance)||provided|
Organizational Context: The EU Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) to Moldova and Ukraine was established, based on a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed on 7 October 2005 by the European Commission, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine, with IOM as the EU’s implementing partner. The mandate of EUBAM runs through 30 November 2015.
The Mission is a technical assistance and advisory body that aims at enhancing the border and customs management capacities of the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine, approximate the standards of the border and law enforcement authorities to those of the EU and to enhance the implementation of the rule of law.
EUBAM Border Management Modernisation Office (BMMO) will engage the services of an intern for a period of up to 90 calendar days in August-October 2015.
Working under the overall direction of the Team Leader, Border Management Development Advisor, the intern will assist in the operational activities of the Border Management Modernisation Office (BMMO).
- Support the compilation and completion of the Giurgiulesti Port Study in cooperation with the Moldovan Customs Service (MDCS);
- Assist in the statistical analysis of customs declaration processing data obtained from the MDCS, ASYCUDA World customs declaration processing system in relation to the clearance of commercial cargo through the port at import, export and transit;
- Produce a variety of tables and charts and other visual aids that clearly demonstrate an historical picture and indicate emerging trends and patterns;
- Review and analyse the survey questionnaires on the border control services delivered to business interests at the port, extracting essential information that would contribute to formulating future recommendations for inclusion in the Port Study;
- Travel to Giurgiulesti Port and/or other key locations as required by operational needs;
- Undertake all other duties as might be assigned.
Monitoring and reporting requirements:
The BMMO intern reports to the Team Leader, Border Management Development Advisor, who is responsible for monitoring of the intern’s quality of work deliverables, assessing his/her performance and producing IOM Internship Evaluation Form.
MSA (Monthly Subsistence Allowance):
MSA will be provided to the successful candidate. Interns will be responsible for covering all costs: travel, visa, medical insurance, accommodation and meals. Interns are also responsible for finding themselves suitable accommodation for the duration of the Internship.
Eligible are either students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated, between 19 and 36 years old who have less than two years of relevant working experience.
Proficiency in the English language is mandatory. Knowledge of Ukrainian, Russian, and/or Romanian is desirable.
Documents Required Upon Applying:
- Detailed CV
- Essay: “How my knowledge and skills will prove valuable to EUBAM?” Format: 2-3 pages, Font: 12 Times New Roman, double spaced.
- Recommendation Letters: 2 from University (College) professors.
Documents Required upon Acceptance of the Contract:
- Valid Visa (if required)
- Fit-to-work medical certificate from a medical doctor (not an IOM doctor) issued no earlier than two months before the beginning of their internship, and a copy of the latest vaccination records.
- Written proof of world-wide health coverage including evacuation and repatriation coverage before starting the internship for interns holding citizenship other than of Moldova or Ukraine.
- Written proof of valid medical health coverage in the country for interns who are citizens of Moldova or Ukraine.
- Unofficial University (College). Transcript or another proof of University (College) attendance.
Please send your application, CV, 2 recommendation letters and the requested essay to email@example.com specifying in the subject line the exact title of the internship position you are applying for.
Closing date for applications is 31 July 2015; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.