Application deadline20.09.2019 Active Closed
Type of contractSeconded position
Language requiredFluency in English is an absolute requirement for all seconded experts
Expected duration of assignmentThe normal tour of duty of seconded personnel should be no less than one year and no more than three years, should the Mission mandate be further extended
INTERNATIONAL REQUIREMENTS for SECONDED PERSONNEL
(financed under the EC ENPI programme)
- All international seconded personnel of the EU Border Assistance Mission to Republic of Moldova and Ukraine (“the Mission”) should be EU citizens.
- Posts should be filled by active civil servants: border police/guard or customs officials or other agencies from relevant national or European-level public administrations.
- All international personnel of the Mission will receive a Monthly Living Allowance (MLA) from the Mission’s budget, to cover the costs for accommodation, meals, etc. This allowance will be € 3,300 per month. In addition, the budget will also cover medical insurance for Mission personnel, as well as travel expenditure (economy class) including one return trip home every twelve months, unless home leave travel is provided by their national administration.
- Mission personnel may, depending on operational requirements and work schedules, be expected to also work in night shifts and during weekends. As a rule, they will be expected to work 40 hours per week, however with the equivalent of two days off per week, and 2.5 working days of leave for every month in the Mission. There may be cases when personnel is required to work extra hours or on official holidays, then personnel will be provided with compensatory time off (CTO).
- “Field” and “Core” personnel of the Mission (tactical level) should be seconded by their national administration, which will continue paying their national salaries throughout this assignment.
- The normal tour of duty of seconded personnel should be no less than one year and no more than three years, should the Mission mandate be further extended. In case of outstanding performance, specific knowledge and experience of a seconded expert, the Mission can approach the EU MS requesting for prolongation of secondment beyond the three years’ term.
- Seconded personnel should ensure the validity of their national passports and apply directly to the Ukrainian consulates for the necessary working visas prior to commencing duties for the Mission, if applicable. Such working visas are a requirement for obtaining the status according to Art. 37 of the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations (for holders of ordinary or service passports) or according to Art. 31 of the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations (for holders of diplomatic passports). Upon arrival, they will be temporarily included in the diplomatic lists of the Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine or in the diplomatic list of the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova as personnel of the EU Border Assistance Mission, and receive a “service (accreditation) card” certifying this status for the duration of this assignment. A list of the Mission personnel will be circulated to the Moldovan and Ukrainian authorities.
- Personnel will be expected to make their own accommodation arrangements while in Republic of Moldova or Ukraine. The project support personnel will, however, to the extent possible, provide initial support/advice to the Mission personnel.
- Job descriptions provided hereunder are indicative and may be further revised with regard to operational requirements.
- Applications for seconded posts should be sent, together with a detailed Curriculum vitae in English language (see Annex IV_Curriculum vitae template) and Selection criteria form in Word format (indicating no more than two preferred job profiles) through the relevant national administrations of the EU Member States directly to EU Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM) by e-mail to email@example.com with reference “Application for a seconded post in EUBAM”.
- The applicants are required to accurately complete their CVs, starting with their present position, and list in REVERSE ORDER all employments they have held disclosing all relevant information as regards their specific skills, job duties, achievements and changes of positions within the employment terms with their corresponding services/agencies
- All seconded experts upon arriving to EUBAM HQ in Odessa, Ukraine will be offered an induction training programme on various issues related to their entitlements, EUBAM structure and its activities. Part of this programme will be English written test that all seconded experts will have to undertake. Fluency in English is an absolute requirement for all seconded experts, as English is the working language at EUBAM.
Applications for seconded posts should be received: not later than 20 September 2019.
All personnel will have to acknowledge EUBAM’s Standards of Conduct and Standard Administrative Procedures for seconded experts, which will apply for the entire duration of their assignments.