Application deadline10.01.2017 Active Closed
Type of contractService Contract
Language requiredFluency in both oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian languages is a must
Expected duration of assignment10 months
|Duty Station:||EUBAM HQ, Odessa, Ukraine|
|Organizational Unit:||Communications, Reporting and Evaluation Department (CRED)|
|Direct supervisor:||The Head of Communications, Reporting and Evaluation Department/Programme Coordinator and Performance Evaluation Officer (Head of the CRED)|
General Functions: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of the CRED the incumbent assists in the smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in Ukraine. The Administrative Assistant/Interpreter works in close collaboration with the National Finance Officer, National Administrative/Human Resources Officer and National Procurement and Logistics Officer of the EUBAM Administration for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Assure smooth operational running of the project by means of following IOM and EC established operational rules and procedures;
- Provide support to the Head of the CRED in monitoring the progress towards objectives and results within the EUBAM Plan of Action;
- Participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of project-related files;
- Prepare regular reports on progress achieved in the implementation of the EUBAM Action Plan;
- Facilitate project outreach/communication efforts;
- Collect data and information from internal and external sources such as partner services, international organizations and open sources; prepares papers, notes and presentations on the Mission’s development, its focus and working methods;
- Support EUBAM external relations and maintain relations with EU agencies and international organizations;
- Participate in preparation, implementation and follow up of project activities;
- Provide logistical support (travel arrangements, including visas, tickets, etc.) to the EUBAM experts;
- Facilitate the process of procurement and delivery of goods and services;
- Facilitate project audit, monitoring, evaluation, field visits, missions of the experts;
- Maintain updated networks of project partners, contractors, consultants and suppliers;
- Prepare project-related correspondence;
- Maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc.
- Provide oral and written translations from English into Ukrainian or Russian and vice versa as required by the project;
- Proofread and/or edit the project’s correspondence and other official documents;
- Perform other functions/tasks when required by the Head of the CRED.
- University Degree in philology, economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration or other related field;
- Five years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is a very strong advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems;
- Fluency in both oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian languages is a must.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation. Send your CV and cover letter in English to: email@example.com
Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 10 January 2017; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interview.