Application deadline06.07.2018 Active Closed
Type of contractOYFT
I. Position Information
|General Service Staff, Grade G6
|Reports directly to||National Finance Officer|
|Posting channel||Open to First and Second-Tier Candidates|
II. Organizational Context and Scope
Under overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Chief of Administration (CoA); direct supervision of the National Finance Officer the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support in matters of financial/treasury nature for the European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM).
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist with the control and monitoring of the finance and budget activities of EUBAM in Ukraine. Effect cash and bank payments to vendors and personnel. Ensure conformity of all supporting documents and availability of signatures prior to processing of payments. Ensure availability of sufficient funds in local bank accounts and in cash.
- Perform Treasure Payments Approver and Treasure Outgoing Payments Processor in PRISM. Record cash transactions into PRISM. Ensure that processed vouchers are matched and completed and transactions are correctly recorded and posted. Ensure timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers including vouchers with check errors.
- Prepare invoices, Mission Funding Requests and Mission Payment Requests. Review and record payment requests (RFPs) for validity of claims, completeness of supporting documentation and consistency of values. Review and perform the processing of staff travel claims and settlement Verify invoices and ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request.
- Ensure that personal use of vehicle and telephone is properly accounted and billed. Assist in managing financial resources through planning, guiding, monitoring and controlling of the resources in accordance with IOM rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all asset acquisition is properly documented and recorded in the system in compliance with IOM’s policies and procedures. Ensure that asset records are properly maintained to include relevant identification, asset number, location and person responsible. Oversee physical inventory of assets in coordination with the procurement assistant and ensure that accurate inventory list is properly maintained in the system. Initiate asset disposal process and ensure that it is in compliance with IOM’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare bank reconciliation report for IOM. Review vendor and customer accounts and ensure that clearance is done on a timely manner. Ensure that all parked documents are properly posted before month end closing of accounts. Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities. Answers inquiry from other IOM offices and prepare adjusting entries as necessary. Prepare and submit Checklist for Mission’s Account Closure (CMAC) on timely manner. Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and guidelines. Ensure that all finance activities are performed in accordance with the IOM Financial, Procurement and Accounting Regulations.
- Analyse financial information to recommend efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to operational and financial problems. Suggest improvements to internal controls to improve operational efficiencies. Maintain appropriate financial filing system. Maintain files of all financial instructions/guidelines issued as reference for completion of work assignments.
- Monitor donor financial reporting requirements and deadlines. Assist in preparation of donor financial reports as required and based on donor reporting requirements. Ensuring the submission is on time and without delays to the donor. Monitor budget and flag to persons responsible any budget and financial issues.
- Ensure the full compliance of the performed financial activities with the IOM’s rules, regulations, policies and strategies and bring to the attention of the National Finance Officer any relevant financial and budgetary issues and suggest corrective actions.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent with six years of professional work experience in the sphere of finance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited academic institution (preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management) with four years of professional work experience.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Excellent level of computer literacy and advance knowledge of web based management systems
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities
- Previous work experience with IOM or UN common system is an advantage
- Good knowledge of SAP/PRISM is an advantage
|Required (specify the required knowledge)||Advantageous|
|Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian|
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Keeps clients informed of developments and setbacks
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones
- Persuades others to consider new ideas
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Actively identifies opportunities for and promotes organizational change
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Articulates vision to motivate colleagues and follows through with commitments
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Identifies ways for their staff to develop their abilities and careers
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals
- Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
- Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines
- Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team’s work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Internals of the Organization will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation and certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, residency requirements, and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form
(please download from iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_0.xls ) to email@example.com by 6 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.