Application deadline10.01.2021 Active Closed
Type of contractService Contract (SC)
Language requiredFluency in both oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian languages is a must
Expected duration of assignment1 February – 30 November 2021
Duty Station: EUBAM HQ, Odesa, Ukraine
Subsriber’s Monthly Fee: EUR 1,650
Organizational Unit: Media and Communication Office
Direct supervisor: Media and Communication Officer
General Functions: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Media and Communication Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Mission the incumbent contributes to improvement of the visibility and assists in smooth operations of communication functions of the European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM). The incumbent works in close collaboration with the National Finance Officer, National Administrative/Human Resources Officer and National Procurement and Logistics Officer of the EUBAM Administration for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies, and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Develop and implement Public Relations plans for ensuring the implementation of the EUBAM’s External Communication Strategy and its Annual Communication Plan.
- Identify subjects/stories of interest pertaining to EUBAM efforts at the country or regional level and develop communications products such as feature stories, press releases and social media posts.
- Contribute to maintenance and content generation for the Mission’s website and social media platforms.
- Create and oversee the design and procurement stage of visibility and promotional items production. Commission and supervise the production state of visual products such as photographs, videos, press backdrops, roll up stands, posters, while strictly observing IOM financial and procurement rules.
- Conceptualize a set of engaging materials for promoting EUBAM’s achievements, including audio-visual, photographic and printed materials