Application deadline03.08.2016 Active Closed
Type of contractConsultancy Contract
Language requiredFluency in Romanian and Russian. Knowledge of English will be an asset
Expected duration of assignmentIntermittent. Approximately, 15 days
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Capture and provide high quality and high resolution images to cover special events and to depict field activities for various print and digital communication products. Selected images and photo essays will be used in a variety of EUBAM communications products, including internal and external publications, leaflets, reports, and online communications.
The photographer will be required to have his/her own equipment (a semi-professional or professional DSLR camera, lenses, flashes and all other necessary accessories) and be available for travel immediately as needed. These requests may come at short notice according to unpredictable and evolving needs.
Under the supervision of the EUBAM PR Assistant in Moldova the incumbent is responsible for the preparation of photo products for the EUBAM events between August 15 – November 30, 2016 performing the following functions:
- Produce photo reports in a number of high resolution digital formats, both JPEG and RAW, suitable for large-size color printing and easily acceptable by EUBAM;
- Provide creative input into all commissioned photoshoots. The purpose of the assignment will be discussed in advance with EUBAM Head of Reporting and Communications Office and PR Assistant in Moldova;
- Photographs should have appropriate cropping, color adjustments and other post-processing as agreed by the service requester;
- Photographer is responsible for pre-selecting a shortlist of the best images from each shoot. As a guideline, 20 usable images should be submitted for the assignment;
- The selected photographer will be responsible for obtaining the appropriate permission from the people included in all photographs;
- Transport to/from the photographer’s base location may be provided by EUBAM. Otherwise, the photographer is responsible for her/his own travel arrangements;
- Prepare photographs for printing, if requested;
- Submit all final files to EUBAM;
- Photographer should observe the highest ethical standards while obtaining images and demonstrate professionalism and good manners while working on EUBAM assignment.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in event photography, portrait photography or other relevant field;
- Proven ability in photography including lighting, composition, color quality and aesthetics (sample of portfolio to be provided);
- Advanced knowledge and skills of MS Office, including Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop and other editing tools is required;
- Fluency in Romanian and Russian. Knowledge of English will be an asset;
- Flexibility to travel around Moldova on short notice.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation
Method of application:
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message. Closing date for applications is 3 August 2016 however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
Who we are?
The European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM) was launched in 2005. The legal basis for EUBAM is the Memorandum of Understanding signed by the European Commission and the Governments of Moldova and Ukraine on 7 October 2005.
The current Mission’s mandate is valid until 30 November 2023.
EUBAM promotes border control, customs and trade norms and practices that meet European Union standards, and serve the needs of its two partner countries.
What we do?
The Mission works with Moldova and Ukraine to harmonise border control, and customs and trade standards and procedures with those in EU Member States. It helps to improve cross-border cooperation between the border guard and customs agencies and other law enforcement bodies and to facilitate international coordinated cooperation. EUBAM assists Moldova and Ukraine to fulfil the obligations of the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA), which both countries signed as part of their Association Agreements with the EU. It also contributes to the peaceful settlement of the Transnistrian conflict through confidence building measures and as a monitoring presence at the Transnistrian segment of the Moldova-Ukraine border.