Application deadline21.10.2016 Active Closed
Type of contractSpecial Short-term Contract
Language requiredFluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required
Expected duration of assignment9 month with possibility of extension
Open to Internal and External Candidates
|Duty Station||:||Odesa, Ukraine|
|Classification||:||General Service Staff, Ungraded (€ 1,200 per month, payments shall be done in Ukrainian Hryvnia at the United Nation operational rates of exchange at the month of payment)|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement and Logistics Officer with overall supervision from the Chief of Administration (CoA) the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for provision of transparent and efficient procurement services, including fleet management and other administrative processes in the European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with the IOM’s regulations and procedures.
- Implement of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Assist in organizing procurement and logistics processes including preparation and conduct of request for quotation, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation the contracts in full compliance with the IOM’s requirements and procedures.
- Receive, inspect, verify and tag all incoming equipment, furniture and supplies and schedule deliveries to end users. Collect information on assets management, maintain the records and files on assets management, code and report about the results.
- Conduct annual physical inventory to ensure accuracy of records and location of property, submit reports and other documents for assets disposal or transfer etc. Manage the storage facilities, monitors stock levels; ensure proper allocation of assets in EUBAM.
- Provide procurement and logistics services for EUBAM conferences, events, workshops etc.
- Ensure effective supervision of maintenance of the building and cleaning process in EUBAM HQ.
- Prepare various statistics and administrative reports, including fuel report and follow up on a reimbursement scheme. Administrate relevant PRISM modules.
- Provide administrative and logistical support in facilitating shipment and customs/brokerage related processes.
- Update the roster/s of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation. Maintain and regularly update the contract, procurement and administrative hard copies and electronic data bases.
- Contribute to implementation of the internal control system; report any identified weaknesses, and suggest remedial action(s).
- In collaboration with the Senior Driver submit to the National Procurement and Logistics Officer the daily/weekly plan of work for drivers and corresponding vehicles distribution. In collaboration with the Senior Driver develop vehicle maintenance plan and follow up on the repair process. Monitor the work of the drivers at EUBAM HQ and assign the day-to-day movements.
- Perform such other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution in Economics, Procurement, Finance, Business Management/Administration, Logistics or related disciplines.
- At least three years of working experience in procurement, finance, administration or related fields;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of web based management systems;
- Previous work experience with IOM or UN common system is an advantage;
- Proven knowledge of the PRISM ERP will be an essential asset;
- Valid driver’s license of at least category B will be an asset.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism;
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies;
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs;
- Monitors own work to correct errors;
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings.
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients;
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries;
- Keeps clients informed of developments.
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning;
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills;
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas;
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area.
- Actively shares relevant information;
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures;
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience;
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
Creativity and Initiative
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Expands responsibilities without interfering with existing ones;
- Persuades others to consider new ideas;
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems.
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources;
- Actively identifies opportunities for and promotes organizational change;
- Presents goals as shared interests;
- Articulates vision to motivate colleagues and follow through.
- Provides constructive feedback