Application deadline18.08.2019 Active Closed
Type of contractService Contract (SC)
Language requiredFluency in both oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian languages is a must
Expected duration of assignmentThree months, 1 September – 30 November 2019
|EUBAM HQ, Odesa, Ukraine
Human Resources Unit
National Administrative / Human Resources Officer
General Functions: Under the guidance and direct supervision of National Administrative/Human Resources Officer and under the overall supervision of the Chief of Administration, the incumbent assists in the smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in Ukraine. The Receptionist works in close collaboration with the EUBAM Administration for the effective achievement of administrative results, contributing to resolving project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Participate in data collection and maintenance of project-related files;
- Provide oral and written translations from English into Ukrainian or Russian and vice versa as required by National Administrative/Human Resources Officer;
- Proofread and/or edit the project’s correspondence and other official documents;
- Operate the telephone switchboard, receive and respond to incoming calls, transfer them to relevant staff and respond to routine inquiries;
- Receive all visitors, directs them to the respective offices; allow scheduled visitors to the office; issue passes to visitors and keep their IDs or passports instead;
- Receive all kind of mail, including diplomatic mail, ensuring its proper distribution it to the final recipients;
- Identify urgent calls/messages and inform relevant personnel;
- Maintain staff office telephone list, staff list with photos, staff birthday list including regular updates;
- Operate card-reading access control system and generate relevant reports when required by National Administrative/Human Resources Officer;
- Make copies of the required documents for the Administration on the monthly basis;
- Ensure due care of premises, equipment, vehicles (including their spare parts, consumables, keys etc.), supplies and other property that is entrusted to him/her;
- Perform other functions/tasks when required by National Administrative/Human Resources Officer.
- University Degree in philology, economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration or other related fields;
- Two years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is a very strong advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems;
- Fluency in both oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian languages is a must.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation. Send your CV and cover letter in English to: email@example.com
Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 18 August 2019; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Who we are?
The European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM) was launched in 2005. The legal basis for EUBAM is the Memorandum of Understanding signed by the European Commission and the Governments of Moldova and Ukraine on 7 October 2005.
The current Mission’s mandate is valid until 30 November 2020.
EUBAM promotes border control, customs and trade norms and practices that meet European Union standards, and serve the needs of its two partner countries.
What we do?
The Mission works with Moldova and Ukraine to harmonise border control, and customs and trade standards and procedures with those in EU Member States. It helps to improve cross-border cooperation between the border guard and customs agencies and other law enforcement bodies and to facilitate international coordinated cooperation. EUBAM assists Moldova and Ukraine to fulfil the obligations of the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA), which both countries signed as part of their Association Agreements with the EU. It also contributes to the peaceful settlement of the Transnistrian conflict through confidence building measures and as a monitoring presence at the Transnistrian segment of the Moldova-Ukraine border.
Where we work?
The Republic of Moldova-Ukraine state border is 1,222 km long, consisting of 955 km of “green” (land) border and 267 km of “blue” (river) border.
The Mission is headquartered in Odesa (Ukraine) with two country offices (in Chisinau – the Republic of Moldova and in Odesa – Ukraine) and six field offices in its area of operation – three on the Moldovan side of the common border and three on the Ukrainian side.
There are 67 border crossing points along the Moldovan-Ukrainian border, including 25 at the central (Transnistrian) segment.
The administrative boundary line between the two banks of the Nistru river is 411 km long. Nine customs posts are located along it, within which MDCS representatives perform the customs control duties, supported by MoIA representatives. Six BMA subdivisions, in which foreigners can voluntarily register or de-register, are also located on the boundary line.