Application deadline31.03.2020 Active Closed
Type of contractService Contract
Language requiredFluency in both oral and written English, Romanian, and Russian languages is a must
Expected duration of assignment13 April 2020 – 30 November 2020
The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is looking for Administrative Assistant within European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM), according to the Terms of Reference below, to start on 13 April 2020.
Duty Station: Moldova (change of location within the country might be required)
Organizational unit: Field Office Giurgiulesti (FOGU)
Subscriber monthly fee: 1280 EUR
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of FOGU and overall supervision of the Chief of Administration the incumbent assists in smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in the Republic of Moldova. The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Finance Specialist, HR Specialist, Procurement Specialist and Security Assistant of the EUBAM Admin Unit Chisinau for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Assure smooth operational running of the project by means of following IOM and EU established operational rules and procedures;
- Participate in project activities preparation, implementation and follow up;
- Provide logistical support (travel arrangements, including visas, tickets, etc.) to the EUBAM experts;
- Collect, analyze and prepare background information for the Mission;
- Facilitate project audit, monitoring, evaluation, field visits, missions of the experts;
- Prepare Mission and project related correspondence;
- Maintain contacts with