Application deadline12.10.2017 Active Closed
Type of contractService Contract
Language requiredFluency in both oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian languages is a must
Expected duration of assignment1 December 2017 – 30 November 2018
| Duty Station:
|EUBAM HQ, Odessa, Ukraine
(change of location within the country might be required)
Head of Office or Unit
General Functions: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Office or Unit and overall supervision of the Chief of Administration the incumbent assists in smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in Ukraine. The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the National Finance Officer, National Administrative/Human Resources Officer and National Procurement and Logistics Officer of the EUBAM Administration for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Assure smooth operational running of the project by means of following IOM and EU established operational rules and procedures;
- Participate in project activities preparation, implementation and follow up;
- Provide logistical support (travel arrangements, including visas, tickets, etc.) to the EUBAM experts;
- Collect, analyze and prepare background information for the Mission;
- Facilitate project audit, monitoring, evaluation, field visits, missions of the experts;
- Prepare Mission and project related correspondence;
- Maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc.