Application deadline29.06.2018 Active Closed
Type of contractOYFT
I. Position Information
|General Service Staff, Grade G5
|Reports directly to||National Procurement and Logistics Officer|
|Posting channel||Open to First and Second-Tier Candidates|
II. Organizational Context and Scope
Under overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Chief of Administration (CoA); direct supervision of the National Procurement and Logistics Officer the Asset Control/ Logistics Assistant will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support in matters of assets management, logistics, procurement and general administrative services for the European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM).
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Perform inventory control and assets management, maintain the records and files on assets management, coding and tagging, reporting about the results to the National Procurement and Logistics Officer and the Global Procurement and Supply Unit and execute full inventory process and assets management in EUBAM.
- Administer SAP Material Management module, including the constant tracking of the most recent changes in the procedures. Receive, inspect, verify and tag all incoming equipment, furniture and supplies and schedule deliveries to end users.
- Manage the storage facilities, monitor, distribute and replenish stock whenever needed, ensure accuracy of records regarding assets disposal; ensure assets are located accordingly and used in IOM’s best interest. Carry out the assets inventory records update and management for EUBAM Units, Offices, working locations and storages located across Ukraine and Moldova. Conduct periodic physical inventory to ensure accuracy of records and location of property.
- Provide administrative and logistical support in shipment/customs, brokerage related, staff relocation issues, and EUBAM/IOM activities including organization of conferences, training events, workshops, retreats.
- Provide full logistical support for delivery, construction activities in the field including transport to and from EUBAM Field Offices