Application deadline10.01.2017 Active Closed
Type of contractService Contract
Language requiredFluency in Ukrainian and Russian; knowledge of spoken English is a mandatory requirement
Expected duration of assignment10 months
Field Office Kuchurgan
Head of Field Office Kuchurgan
General Functions: Under the guidance and direct supervision of Head of Field Office Kuchurgan and under overall supervision of Chief of Administration the incumbent contributes to a smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission in Ukraine. The employee assists in the effective and efficient management of the project through a range of actions, including driving and administrative support management.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for other related repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Perform minor vehicle repairs, plans and arranges for other repairs, replacements, services and maintenance procedures in a way most convenient for the office;
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, preparation of monthly summary of fuel consumption and report to the National Procurement and Logistics Officer;
- Provide reliable and safe driving services by:
- driving Mission vehicles for the transport of EUBAM personnel;
- delivering / collecting mail, documents, pouches, equipment and other items as required;
- Meet official personnel at the airport and other entry points, facilitates immigration and customs formalities and provides city transfers as required;
- Ensure safe and timely driving for field trips in- or outside the country;
- Ensure availability of all the required