Application deadline12.03.2017 Active Closed
Type of contractService Contract
Language requiredFluency in Romanian and Russian; knowledge of spoken English is a mandatory requirement
Expected duration of assignment20 March 2017 – 30 November 2017
The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is looking for Driver (Field Office Otaci) within European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM), according to the Terms of Reference below, to start on 20 March 2017.
Duty Station: Otaci, Moldova
Organizational unit: Field Office Otaci
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Field Office Otaci and under overall supervision of Chief of Administration the incumbent contributes to a smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission in the Republic of Moldova. The employee assists in the effective and efficient management of the project through a range of actions, including driving and administrative support management.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for other related repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Performs minor vehicle repairs, plans and arranges for other repairs, replacements, services and maintenance procedures in a way most convenient for the office;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, preparation of monthly summary of fuel consumption and report to Procurement Specialist in the Republic of Moldova;
- Provide reliable and safe driving services by:
- driving Mission vehicles for the transport of EUBAM personnel
- delivery / collection of mail, documents, pouches, equipment and other items as required
- Meeting official personnel at the airport and other entry points, facilitates immigra