Expert on Phyto-sanitary issues (PS Expert)
Application deadline01.09.2016 Active Closed
Type of contractConsultancy Contract
Language requiredFluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Romanian, Ukrainian and/or Russian is an asset
Expected duration of assignment6 weeks
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Fee: EUR 450 per billable day
Type of Appointment: Consultant, 6 weeks
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Nature of the consultancy: Advisory services and support on strategic and operational issues related to phyto-sanitary to officials of the Government of the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine.
- IOM Project to which the Consultancy is contributing: European Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine.
- Organizational Context: The EU Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) to Moldova and Ukraine was established, based on a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed on 7 October 2005 by the European Commission, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine, with IOM as the EU’s implementing partner. The Mission is a technical assistance and advisory body that aims at enhancing the border and customs management capacities of the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine, approximate the standards of the border and law enforcement authorities to those of the EU and to enhance the implementation of the rule of law.
- Main objectives of the assignment/scope of work: The Expert on Phyto-sanitary issues works in EUBAM Office in Moldova under the overall supervision of the Head of EUBAM Office in Moldova and in close cooperation with the Customs, Trade and Governance Office. His/her main responsibility is to ensure fulfilling of the relevant tasks of the EUBAM Office in Chisinau and provide advice and support on strategic and operational issues related to phyto-sanitary.
- Tasks to be performed under this contract:
- Provide support and substantive advice in helping the phyto-sanitary authorities of the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine to approximate their procedures and approaches to those of the EU in line with Association Agreement and Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area requirements.