Application deadline16.11.2014 Active Closed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Organizational Context: The EU Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) to Moldova and Ukraine was established, based on a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed on 7 October 2005 by the European Commission, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine, with IOM as the EU’s implementing partner. The mandate of EUBAM runs through 30 November 2015.
The Mission is a technical assistance and advisory body that aims at enhancing the border and customs management capacities of the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine, approximate the standards of the border and law enforcement authorities to those of the EU and to enhance the implementation of the rule of law.
Main objectives of the assignment/scope of work:
The Head, Communications and Reporting Unit plans, develops and oversees implementation of the EUBAM communication strategy. S/he is responsible for all external communications and reporting activities of EUBAM including outreach, advocacy and publications. S/he works with national and international media and with communications offices of other international entities and partner services. S/he advocates for EUBAM´s mission and provides quality information about the activities and impact of EUBAM and its partner services in Moldova and Ukraine.
The Head, Communications and Reporting Unit reports to the Head of Mission and supervises a team of national personnel.
Detailed description of activities:
- To oversee the activities of the Communications and Reporting Unit, prepare work plans and supervise personnel.
- To develop the EUBAM external communications strategy in line with EU guidelines and formulate related implementation activities.
- To coordinate and elaborate the Mission’s monthly and annual reports, including factual and analytical parts and to ensure dissemination.
- To contribute to the drafting of the Mission’s narrative progress and final reports according to the General Conditions applicable to European Union contribution agreements with international organisations.
- To coordinate and manage EUBAM´s publication activities including content management, norms for publishing, design, production and printing and to supervise dissemination.
- To identify and develop storylines for external relation initiatives and publications, to draft media inputs and articles.
- To develop and oversee implementation of advocacy and outreach (public information) campaigns and the development of public information/advocacy materials.
- To develop and to maintain the EUBAM web site in cooperat