Application deadline29.07.2016 Active Closed
Language requiredProfessional fluency is required in the following languages: Ukrainian, Russian and English
Expected duration of assignmentup to 60 calendar days
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR INTERNSHIP AT EUBAM (Odessa, Ukraine)
Duty Station: EUBAM HQ, Odesa, Ukraine
Organizational Unit: Administration
Direct Supervisor: National Finance Officer
The European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM) was launched in 2005. It promotes border control, customs and trade norms and practices that meet EU standards and serve the needs of its two partner countries. It is an advisory, technical body based in Odesa (Ukraine). It has an Office in Moldova (located in Chisinau) and five further field offices – two on the Moldovan side of the joint border and three on the Ukrainian side. EUBAM activities promote economic development and enhance regional security. The Mission contributes to cross border cooperation and confidence building, helping to improve efficiency, transparency and security along the Moldova-Ukraine border.
The Mission’s aims are to:
• work with Moldova and Ukraine to harmonise border control, and customs and trade standards and procedures with those in EU Member States
• improve cross-border cooperation between the border guard and customs agencies and other law enforcement bodies; facilitate international coordinated cooperation
• assist Moldova and Ukraine to fulfil the obligations of the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA) they have signed as part of their Association Agreements with the EU
• contribute to the peaceful settlement of the Transnistrian conflict through confidence building measures and a monitoring presence at the Transnistrian segment of the Moldova-Ukraine border
The Mission is currently seeking an intern who will work with the Administration for two months.
• Support to the Finance Unit in preparation of payment documents;
• Support to Procurement and Logistics Unit in preparation of tender documentation;
• Technical assistance to the Bids Evaluation and Awards Committee;
• Assistance in asset management; and
• Assistance in document filing.
Learning opportunities for the intern:
• General understanding of the Mission’s work, the role of stakeholders and partners at national and international level;
• Insight into how finance, procurement and logistic functions are implemented in a large and geographically spread-out Mission;
• Insight and hands-on experience in facilitating the work of the Mission;
• Insight and