Application deadline24.06.2016 Active Closed
Type of contractService Contract
Language requiredRomanian and Russian; knowledge of spoken English
Position Title: Legal Assistant
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Type of Appointment: Service Contract
Organizational unit: EUBAM Office in Moldova
Estimated Start Date: 18 July 2016
Expected duration of assignment: 18 July 2016 – 30 November 2016 (with possibility of extension)
Closing Date: 24 June 2016
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of EUBAM Office in Moldova, the Legal Assistant analyses Customs and Civil Service legislation of Moldova, relevant to the Human Resources Management, and related policies, social and economic trends.
The Legal Assistant participates in the formulation, management and evaluation of EUBAM and Customs and Border Police Service policies and activities within the portfolio. The incumbent drafts related policy documents, legal acts, and procedural descriptions and contributes to regular reporting.
The Legal Assistant works in close collaboration with the EUBAM staff located in Chisinau (Moldova). The Legal Assistant creates and maintains regular contacts with relevant Customs, Border Police officers and officials of other relevant state authorities (e.g. Civil Service, MoF etc.).
- Implementation of programme strategies and activities, tasks of the Head of EUBAM Office in Moldova
- Analyses and researches legal, social and economic situation in Moldova in Human Resources Management, and prepares substantive input to EUBAM documents
- Provides assistance in drafting policies, legal and operational documents in conformity with national legislation and project goals
- Analyses and integrates earlier recommendations in the area
- Assures smooth operational running of the project by means of following IOM and EC established operational rules and procedures
- Participates in project activities preparation, implementation and follow up
- Provides oral and written translations