Application deadline29.06.2018 Active Closed
Type of contractOYFT
|I. Position Information|
|Reports directly to||EUBAM Chief of Administration|
|Posting channel||Open to First and Second-Tier Candidates|
II. Organizational Context and Scope
Under overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, direct supervision of Chief of Administration (CoA) and technical supervision of the Senior Administrative/Security/Legal Officer in Kyiv, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for monitoring and implementation of legal functions for EUBAM administrative activities and will be providing necessary support to EUBAM in matters of legal nature.
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Under direct supervision of the EUBAM Chief of Administration (CoA) and with technical supervision of the Senior Administrative/Security/Legal Officer Kyiv provide legal support to EUBAM administrative activities.
- Provide general legal advice as necessary on issues relating to the functions, structure, activities, and legal status of EUBAM. Handle verbal and written inquiries from internal and external parties, including provision of detailed information on processes and procedures related to a range of legal activities, instruments, issues, etc. Undertake legal research on a range of procedural and substantive legal issues relating to EUBAM operational activities.
- Together with the EUBAM Chief of Administration ensure that EUBAM administrative activities are implemented in accordance with the IOM’s Constitution and other relevant provisions.
- Verify all documentation on legal issues is prepared according to the IOM’s established procedures and that the IOM’s requirements/procedures are followed.
- Draft and coordinate agreements and contracts (human resources, funding, procurement, construction, partnership, etc.), and monitor their implementation.
- Draft responses to inquiries related to the interpretation and application of IOM Unified Staff Regulations and Rules and official Instructions, as well as personnel-related questions generally.
- Under supervision of the Chief of Administration (CoA) and in