Application deadline31.08.2015 Active Closed
Under the direct supervision/direction of the National Security Officer (SO), with the overall supervision of EUBAM Head of Mission, IOM Kyiv Chief of Mission and with technical supervision from the Senior Administrative/Security/Legal Officer Kyiv, the successful candidate will provide general assistance in the safety/security management of IOM staff and EUBAM operations.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide assistance in collaboration, coordination and establishment of networks with other international organizations, government security services and agencies working in the security management field, ensure appropriate lines of communications relating to all aspects of staff safety and security related to EUBAM are established and well maintained.
- Support to conduct facilities and operational safety/security threats assessments/evaluations and provide recommendations, in coordination with the Mission’s Operations team, UNDSS, and SSU Operations Centre. He/she will assist to provide relevant technical and strategic analysis on potential threats/risks to staff/IOM programmes and ensure that appropriate safety/security information is disseminated to staff.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of the IOM-UNDSS Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) related to various security protocols. This will include the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS), Minimum Operating Residence Security Standards (MORSS), UNDSS Mission Security Risk Assessments (SRAs) and the UNDSS Field Security Handbook.
- Provide assistance in reviewing and monitoring the level of MOSS and MORSS compliance and effectively address all non-compliance findings.
- Support actions during emergency exercises to ensure that staff are following established security procedures, and provide relevant trainings and refresher trainings to ensure staff members are fully aware of security procedures in the field.
- Provide assistance in maintaining the EUBAM’s Emergency/Contingency Plans (such as operations and medical evacuation, Business Continuity Plan (BCP), and emergency communications systems).
- Review staff movements’ tracking system and accommodation security procedures. Keeps accurate staff roster/list through the EUBAM.
- Assist in ensuring timely reporting to the local and/or national authorities, UNDSS and IOM SSU on security incidents.
- Keep track all security equipment as per IOM procedure.
- Provide general administrative assistance to the SO.
- Performs such other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Send your CV and cover letter in English to: