Application deadline09.12.2020 Active Closed
Type of contractService Contract
Language requiredFluency in Romanian and Russian; knowledge of spoken English is a mandatory requirement
Expected duration of assignment1 January 2021 – 30 November 2021
The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is looking for Senior Driver in Chisinau according to the Terms of Reference below, to start on 1 January 2021.
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Organizational unit: Procurement Unit (HQ Odessa)
Subscriber monthly fee: 1040 EUR
Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement and Logistics Officer, with overall supervision of the Chief of Administration and in close coordination with the Procurement Specialist, the incumbent contributes to the smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in Moldova. The employee assists in the effective and efficient management of the project through a range of actions, including driving and administrative support management.
- Coordinate transportation issues relevant to the needs of the Mission at Moldova side;
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for other related repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Perform minor vehicle repairs, plans and arranges for other repairs, replacements, services and maintenance procedures in a way most convenient for the office;
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, preparation of monthly summary of fuel consumption and report to the National Procurement and Logistics Officer;
- In close cooperation with the National Security Officer, take proper steps to reduce potential security threats to EUBAM officials or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes;
- Provide reliable and safe driving services by:
- driving Mission vehicles for the transport of EUBAM personnel;
- delivering / collecting mail, documents, pouches, e