Application deadline12.10.2017 Active Closed
Type of contractService Contract
Language requiredFluency in Ukrainian and Russian; knowledge of spoken English is a mandatory requirement
Expected duration of assignment1 December 2017 – 30 November 2018
|Field Office Kuchurgan, Ukraine
Head of Field Office Kuchurgan
General Functions: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of the Filed Office Kuchurgan, overall supervision of the Chief of Administration and in close coordination with the Senior Driver, the incumbent assists in smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in Ukraine. The Transportation, Field Clerk works in close collaboration with the National Finance Officer, National Administrative/Human Resources Officer and National Procurement and Logistics Officer of the EUBAM Administration for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles through timely minor repairs, arrangements for other related repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Perform minor vehicle repairs, plans and arrange for other repairs, replacement, services and maintenance procedure as coordinated with the Head of the Field Office;
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, preparation of monthly summary of fuel consumption and relevant report to the Senior Driver;
- Keep records of consumables for the vehicles and conduct their monthly inventory check;
- Provide reliable and safe driving services by:
- driving Missio